Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Frogging we will go...

I started on my JayWalker socks yesterday which was a day of rain from dawn til dusk! I ended the day by frogging. Somehow I added two stitches in the first 5 rounds of the zigzag design (grrr). I was considering just picking back a few rows to see where I went wrong when I had a good look at the circumference of the sock. Too big for me. I want these socks to be for me. %$#^*(&. So I went a froggin'. Then I went to bed. Why were they too big? Well, let's see.... First off I am not one to do tension swatches. It seems like a waste of yarn and time. I am impatient. I always want to start the project NOW. Secondly I didn't measure the DPN's I was using. I picked up the ones that were sitting on the table and had been sitting on the table since the 12 year old boy socks were done because I didn't want to waste time looking for the exact proper size because I wanted to start the socks NOW. How did I add two stitches? Possibly because I was watching a CBC show on Canadian Comedians. We are a funny people you know. A fair number of the big Hollywood comedians are Canadians. Jim Carrey, Howie Mandel, Martin Short, and Mike Meyers to name a few of the men. The women haven't become quite such big names but there is Catherine O'Hara. Any how my point is I was paying more attention to the program than the knitting so was I was occasionally unsure of where I was in the repeat. So MAYBE that is what happened. I will start again today.
Today there is no rain so far. Maybe I'll be able to get out in the garden and weed. So maybe I won't to the sock until tonight. Or, maybe I'll change my mind and start my purse kit. I'll let you know next time!!

1 comment:

jillian said...

That frogging is bad mojo! Good luck on the second try and have fun gardening!