Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Green Bag

I started the green bag this weekend. Why? Because the other WIP's were boring me. I am have attention span problems at the moment.

It is done! Complete. No boredom happening here!


It came in a kit that included the button, handles and green nylon yarn. I purchased the novelty yarn for a bit of interest. Turned out pretty godd, eh? Now Rhea wants it. She wants all my hand knit bags. I guess that should make me feel good!


I saw my surgeon today for the last time! Remember way back at the beginning of summer a lump was found and biopsy recommended. End of summer biopsy done, lump lost, insufficient collected to do a proper test. Mid September....ultra sound done (again)... Today...lump smaller, cancer does not get smaller, probably a compound cyst that partially popped thus the loss. Deep breath, go no farther until next regularily scheduled mammogram. Whew.

9 comments:

Liz K. said...

Wow. I am sure you are so relieved.

Thanks for sharing the good bit of news.

Monika said...

Wow, I think I heard a rumble, must have been the rocks falling from your heart! The bag is nice, no wonder Rhea likes it! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Cute bag.

Such good news about the lump. Score one for the good guys.

Karen said...

What a great bag. And what great news about the test!! I knew it would all turn out okay. Big sigh of relief for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Whew! Waht a relief that the bump is getting smaller!

The bag is great... I love how you put the novelty yarn in it, that made the bag.

Charity said...

Whew is right, Martina! I'm so glad for your good report!

And love the bag - so cute!

Dorothy said...

Thank God! What a relief!

Very cute bag. Now you'll just have to knit an ugly bag so you can have one for yourself.

Gina said...

What a sigh of relief you must have heaved. I think I heard the whoosh from here. So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Martina, I'm so glad to hear this, I was worrying big time for you! I also heard your sigh of relief all across the ocean! The nightmare of this all is the waiting, isn't it? I'd so prefer to get all the results the minute I have any tests, to be over and done with and not having weeks and weeks of pondering, fearing and whatnot. But unfortunately it just doesn't happen this way - so glad to hear that things are okay for you!
And I love your bag, by the way, it's so funky and cool!