Thursday, May 06, 2010

I am a Chicken Collector

- “A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg.”
- Samuel Butler


yes...

I have a chicken collection. The one above is my Christmas gift from Emily. She sits in my living room keeping the television company.

Don't know why I started a chicken collection.

It is not big but there it is. The barnyard cluckers.


This is Francie the French Hen!


This last chicken was given as a Christmas gift during a knit chicken gift exchange.

I became so enamoured with knitting this chicken that I carried on to knit the two above it. It is a Susan B. Anderson pattern but I have taken my own design road. I am jonesing to make another one. I guess this would be the month to knit one!
I will show my respect for the chicken not by eating one (though they are delish!) but by knitting another one!! What colour should I make her?
Do you think this is the end of my collection? No these are only the knit chickens!
Next time...My Vintage glass Chickens!
Bet you can't wait!

No comments: