Friday, January 19, 2007

Still Stranded!

Yes. I am still stranded on the very large and remote sleeve island. I'm 2 to 4 rows away from finishing the first! Yes! Only the first. You don't want to see!

I have been dedicating less time to knitting because, for one, I got a few extra hours at the Fabric store this week and, for another, I am really into reading a book about being a Prosperous Woman. The book is upstairs I'll get the whole title and author for you later. It is teaching me how to live my life in a more positive way. A way with self assurance and belief that I deserve exactly what I want. For now I am reading it straight through and then I am going to go back and complete a few of the exercises. Getting better every day! Better, better,better! (any one know that song?)

I am still doing alot of thinking about creativity and what it is. I'd like to hear from all of you about what your definition of creativity is. Do you think that you are creative? Why or why not? Who do you think is creative? Please delurk if you can and help me with this non-scientific survey!

Me first I guess. I spent many, many years thinking that I was not creative. I held up artists that I admired as being truly creative such as Van Gogh, O'Keefe, Odjig etc... Then there are the musicians, authors etc... But I could never attain such levels as them. I have come to accept that I am creative. I think laterally a lot of the time. Well actually it is usually all over in every direction but linear! Each day is a creative venture for me on one level or another. I don't want to bias your input with my view or definition of creativity until later. I hope that is ok!

Thanks to one and all!

1 comment:

Monika said...

I think creativity starts in your head and has many different outlets. As long as you DO something other than sit and watch TV etc. you are creativ, because you do it your way and you have to "create" your way. It doesn't have to be something totally new every time you are creativ. When people told me that I am "creativ" I always said, no, no. I always felt like a worm oogled by a bird or something. But now, if somebody tells my that I'm creativ, I say, YES! I am and it feels good to be like that. You can even be crativ in the kitchen and it's fun too. It's not just painting, music, writing books, you can be crative in so many ways. Now I'm interested in a real definition of the word "creativity", but I'm too lazy right now to look it up. Maybe you'll do that for me. I'll be back to check later. ;o)