Monday, March 29, 2010

Pensitivity

I wrote this on Monday early afternoon. It is Tuesday now. I am still pensive but yes...writing does help..

I am sitting at this computer with classical music playing in the background. It is sad music. It is making me melancholy.

What is melancholy exactly? Let me look it up.

mel·an·chol·y   /ˈmɛlənˌkɒli/
–noun
1.a gloomy state of mind, esp. when habitual or prolonged; depression.
2.sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.
3.Archaic.
a.the condition of having too much black bile, considered in ancient and medieval medicine to cause gloominess and depression.
b.black bile
–adjective
4.affected with, characterized by, or showing melancholy; mournful; depressed: a melancholy mood.
5.causing melancholy or sadness; saddening: a melancholy occasion.
6.soberly thoughtful; pensive.

I have looked up black bile and I so not going there! I am soberly thoughtful and pensive.


Being pensive is one of the stages of creating for me. One of the first stages.

There is an idea brewing in there and I can't quite pin it down. As now, it usually comes when I am nearing the end of one project.

I am at the point in my current piece where it is all pushing forward and putting the final touches on it. I have to figure out the leafy part.










This is the part of the technicalities of having a piece turn out as imagined. Fun and interesting but my mind is looking to something new already.








Over the weekend I took my mind off the tree by finishing off a Printer's Drawer to be hung. Actually not sure if it is "finished"......crap....




I like it but I think it needs more now that I look at the photo.


It will come to me though...







"All changes are more or less tinged with melancholy, for what we are leaving behind is part of ourselves. "
Amelia Barr

No comments: