Saturday, May 04, 2013

Spring Outing

On May 2nd DH, DD and I did a morning outing to a local stand of woods called Thickson Woods.  It is a spring ritual to go down there and have a look at the current year's baby owls. 
I didn't manage to get a photo of them with my basic camera.
My DDaughter though brought her big ass lens and got a fairly good shot of one of them.  I am always in awe of my daughter's photographic skills.

I think this is the shot I got of the owl....hmmm....Nope..... Nice foliage though!
I did get a few shots I like.  Usually what I am attracted to is the textures of nature.  I am always trying to figure out how to translate the textures into knitting.
 As you can guess I am usually looking down at the forest floor while everyone is peering up into the trees.
These look like little shells on the moss but they are actually little paper wasp nests. 
Every year the Fern Fiddle Heads fascinate me.
 On occasion I do look up.  What an amazing Spring sky!
And what amazing company!

I am just so glad Spring has finally arrived!

No comments: