Saturday, November 10, 2007

Some Sock Knitting

I have been into some sock knitting lately.

Oh, I still have the other projects on the go but socks it is right now.
First I got an order for some toddler socks to wear under boots. I was given the vague colour direction of "oh...blues and greens..." So I am keeping myself from getting too bored by making some nice stripes. They are knit out of King Cole Anti Tickle DK because the client wanted 100% wool and a heavier weight than sock yarn.



The top ribbing is meant to fold down over the top of the boot.



Then, Lisa picked up some Regia Galaxy for me (this colour #1554). She mentioned a pattern in Magknit October 2007 issue called Rainbow Socks.

I decided to give it a try.

Doesn't the sock look terrible warty to you?

It uses short rows and stresses the importance of purling very tightly. I thought I purled tightly but I still got warts.


Maybe they will fit Kessie?

She doesn't think so.

They have fallen into the frog pond. I am now trying again. I really like the challenge of the pattern and I hope I can make it work this time.

Fingers crossed everyone!

1 comment:

kt said...

Maybe some stern blocking would act like Compound W?

I like the wartyrainbow scks.