Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Completion!

Look what I got for Christmas!



One of Kessie's hiding spots this year was under the tree hiding behind all the presents. She also enjoyed "burying" her dog biscuits under the Xmas tree!

A good time was had by all in Windsor! We had lots of fun and food with lots of family!
My brother in law and his significant other hosted the dinner this year and the food was fabulous! For me it's not Xmas until you have turkey and all the fixin's. Kudos to Chef John!
Fun was had singing (I think that's what you call it) carols and Xmas songs together after dinner. I realized that I know the first few lines of any Christmas song! I could get the song started but then I had to leave it up to the rest of the "choir". Were we in tune? Most definitely not. Did we have fun? Yes!
On boxing day Judy came over the gift Rhea with her birthday present and to model the shawl and purse I made for her.


The purse is very hard to see in this picture.

There, close up on the purse. I made a big flower out of the shawl fabric as a purse adornment. The shawl is made from printed velvet. Enjoy it Judy!
Fun was had with her playing Mexican Train Dominos! Rhea won and we were all trying to copy her technique!

Now to prepare for Rhea's birthday on the 31st. She will be 15! Where does time go?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kessie is so cute, she could be a gift everyday of the year! The shawl and bag are great... perfect for the party season. I hoep you have a happy New Year!

Melissa said...

Kessie is gorgeous as always. That purse is fabulous!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Charity said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Martina! So glad to hear you had a great holiday. The shawl is awesome! I love the rich colours, and the purse is beautiful. :0)

Anonymous said...

Kessie is the cutest dog, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing these pics, it seems you had such a fun time together! And the shawl rocks big time, such gorgeous, rich colours!
Have a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year - all the best to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love the shawl and purse the colors are beautiful.

Sending happy birthday and new years wishes along.

Anonymous said...

what an amazing shawl!!

And the purse is beautiful to.

Happy birthday to Rhea.

Dorothy said...

Wow, that is a beautiful shawl! The purse is very cute too.

I think Kessie and my Sam would have had a ball fighting for spots under the trees.

Happy New Year to you and yours! I wish you a great year in 2007.